The World Federation of Exchanges has today published its Market Highlights Report for the first semester of 2015.
Among the key trends were:
- Value of worldwide share trading rose 36% to 59 trillion USD in H1 2015 from the second-half of 2014 (+58% year on year).
- Mainland China share trading volumes rose 166% in H1 2015 from H2 2014
- Asia Pacific minus mainland China volumes rose 12%, EMEA volumes were up 11% and the Americas region saw a 1% increase (U.S. plus 2%, remainder minus 17%)
- Number of trades also rose 36% from the second half of 2014 (+67% year on year)
- Global Market Capitalization rose 8% to 73 trillion USD from the second-half of 2014 (+6% year on year). Asian exchanges saw a strong climb in market capitalization, with mainland China increasing 60%, Japan 13%, HK 16% and Korea 10%.
- Strong increase in IPOs and in Investment flows. The number of IPOs increased by 19% year on year while total investment flows increased by 42% year on year.
- Exchange Traded Derivatives (ETD) volumes increased by 3.5% compared with the end of 2014, mainly driven by commodity and currency derivatives.
Click here for the full report.